Friday 28 March 2008

What happened to my brain?!

One of the reasons I started this blog was to try to assemble all my random bits of information on settling in to a new life in a strange country--specifically as an American in the U.K., more precisely Scotland--so as to help others in a similar position. As an immigrant (is that what I am, really? I'll explore that later on), it helps to have some guideposts; or, think of me as a sort of flashlight, shining the way toward obtaining a visa, shipping your stuff, or flying with your pet.

Anyway, today's post was going to be all about how to figure out how to vote via absentee ballot. In researching and getting together a bunch of handy links, I came to realize that I have missed the deadline to vote in the Presidential Primary by more than two months. Somehow I thought I'd have time, since the Democratic Primary is stretching on and on. I feel like such an ass.

Assness aside, links for finding out how to apply for a ballot are here and below (as well as on the right). At least I took the opportunity today to join Democrats Abroad. It's all about community.
2008 Absentee Voting Information for Americans Abroad
Federal Voting Assistance Program
Vote From Abroad
I misssed the party, yet again:'Democrats Abroad Vote in London'
Democrats Abroad
There's a Republicans Abroad too, but if you want that one you're on your own.

No comments: